Tickell Expressions

Wednesday 4 February 2015

TMD - Week Two

Hello Friends,

If you have been following you know I started this blog mainly to share my 2015 Take Me Deeper art journal, a group project over at His Kingdom Come. Each Friday the TMD team presents a bible passage for the members to meditate on throughout the week.

Week Two's scripture is 2 Corinthians 12:7-10.

 I did the background for the facing page at the same time because I like consistency. I made a flap, attached it with Washi tape and pasted the lion cubs magazine clipping on the front. The scripture is printed on the back of the flap.
I printed out the verse that stood out to me the most, cut it in the shape of a cup and pasted it below a magazine clipping of a church.
I belong to another group at His Kingdom Come called, "Logos365". Each member was to pray and ask God for a word to focus upon in 2015. The phrase, "Make space" came to my mind and I have been incorporating it into most of my pages. For Week Two's study I felt I was to focus on 'making space' in my weakness for God's strength to break through.

Sometimes - okay, often - I waste time bemoaning my weaknesses. Everything from health issues to lack of self-discipline gets me down on myself. How can God ever use such a pathetic, weak-willed woman as me?

So soon I forget what I already know: He loves me. He made me. He knows all about my weaknesses. He doesn't expect me to overcome them. He only asks that I offer them to him so that "Christ's power may rest on me."
I am delighted that you have visited me here on "A Closer Walk" today. I hope I have inspired you in some way. My deepest desire is that you would know the One who adores you beyond anything you could ever fathom. You are precious. You are loved.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Link-ups & Challenges:
Paint Party Friday - paint
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Not Just Cards - anything goes

4 comments:

lulu' creazioni artistiche said...

Very nice -Thanks for sharing ​your talent​ with us at Craft your passion

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the idea of using a flap.

Helen said...

Very inspiring and beautifully put together.

Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Helen x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT