Tickell Expressions

Monday 26 October 2015

FOCUS

Hello Friends,

I am subscribed to Journal 52 and this week's (43) prompt is FOCUS.

I started by writing the word on my page in extra big letters on Saturday. Since I have been taking a Tangle-Doodle class locally, I knew I wanted to do some kind of doodling, either around or inside the letters. Yesterday (Sunday) I packed up my journal and pens and took them to church. I often take simple art supplies with me, but don't always use them.

The worship band started with "Majesty" and I was on my feet, my arms lifted high. I kept picturing an enormous crown in my wide-spread hands. By the next song I was sketching it into my page, resting on the word FOCUS. Another song - "Holy, holy, holy" and I was singing my heart out. More songs came, focusing on the glory and majesty of our almighty, holy God. I repeated the word HOLY on the base of the crown.

This evening I played some worship tunes on my computer and started doodling, worshiping as I did so. I listened to some inspirational messages and doodled some more. I shaded the letters, crown and doodles and finished off with a background made with a blue Gelato.

Thanks for stopping by. I am so glad you did. Did you know that God is always thinking about you? You are the very reason he came in the flesh, died a cruel death and then was resurrected again. And here is what he thinks about you:

You are beautiful and you are loved. So very, very loved.


Blessing hugs,
Teresa
Challenges:
Journal 52 - Week 43 Focus
Craft for the Craic - Inspired by music
That Craft Place - Mixed Media
We Love to Create - Mixed media
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Not Just Cards - anything goes

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Super sweet art squiggles and shapes. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 206th AG challenge! Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Ricki Treleaven said...

I'm linking from Journal52, and I absolutely love your page! :)

JillGA said...

How wonderfully inspirational! Thank you for sharing. (from Journal52 link)

Unknown said...

Beautiful project and fabulous doodling. Wonderfully positive and uplifting. Thank you for joining us this month over at Craft for the Craic.
Eithne

Crafting With Jack said...

This is brilliant, I love the depth of it. Hope you don't mind if I have ago at something similar xx