Tickell Expressions

Thursday 17 December 2015

Advent - Day 19

Hello Friends,

Today Bernice Hopper brought the Advent devotional at His Kingdom Come. The song was, "Angels We Have Heard on High" and Bernice pointed out something I hadn't noticed before. The shepherds were actually singing with the angels. And how could they have resisted doing so, if you think about it?

Imagine a whole choir of angels singing, "Glory to God in the Highest!" The sky is all aflame with their glorious appearances and alight with a marvelous star. Their voices fill you with a gladness that makes you giddy from your head to your toes. The promise your people have awaited for thousands of years has been fulfilled and you are the first to hear about it. How could they NOT sing?

I used one of my own images for my Advent page today. I painted it with water colour pencils and gel pens. Then I glued it to my painted page.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you are experiencing the wonder of Advent in some way this year.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa
Link-ups:
Word Art Wednesday - ATG (anything goes)
Paint Party Friday - paint
Craft for the Craic - Christmas Cheer
Creative Artiste Challenge - anything mixed media
Creative Fingers - always ATG
Jo's Scrap Shack - ATG
Pattie's Creations - Christmas (use image)
Simply Papercraft - always ATG
Through the Craft Room Door - always ATG

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the Advent journal page love the Angel and sentiments----Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

ScrappyHorses said...

Teresa, this is so beautiful! I'm not sure which I'm enjoying more your journal page or your written description of the heavenly chorus! Both are adding to my Advent Season! Great to see you over at TTCRD.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Wheelie Crafty said...

Love the Advent journal page love the Angel and sentiments... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

Hugs Rhonda DT xx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

Ginny Maxam said...

I so Enjoyed reading your post this Morning!! I now have that beautiful hymn in my mind!! your PAge is just lovely!!Thank you for joining our 214th challenge at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny DT WAW

My Scrap Pages and Cards said...

what a awesome idea, love it
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

Debbie DT

Theresa said...

what a lovely backdrop to your angel. loving the depth of that blue. thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Art Journal page. Great project idea. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again in 2016. Happy holidays. Judy DT

Sheryl said...

Superb journal page reflecting the true meaning of Christmas. Just lovely. Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge this month. Hope we see you again.

Hugs Sheryl DT xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Advent page. Thanks for joining in our December challenge over at Craft for the Craic. Happy New Year.
Eithne